TravelTech Show announces 2022 Trailblazer Award finalists
TravelTech Show, which takes place 29-30 June 2022, has revealed this year’s five Trailblazer Awards finalists. Cruisewatch, ClueCation, Octopus Travel Matrix, Travel Ledger and TripMatrix will all battle it out for this year’s crown in front of an esteemed judging panel at 3:30pm on Wednesday 29 June in the show’s Turing Theatre. Each of the five start-ups also successfully applied for a Trailblazer bursary giving them up to an 80% discount on their TravelTech Show stand. This year’s judges are:
- Jon Pickles, Travel Technology Consultant
- Walter Toscano, Digital Travel Practice - Senior Advisor - Travel and Telecom
- David Haigh, Head of IT - If Only and Elegant Resorts
- Paul Curtis, Chief Technology Officer - easyJet Holidays
- Giora Feldman, CTO - Villa Plus
“TravelTech Show has innovation oozing through its veins and this year we’re delighted to direct hundreds of budget holders and decision makers towards our 2022 Trailblazers,” said Ryan Taylor, event director. “All young businesses with big ideas, we just know that this year’s disruptive startups are set to revolutionise the travel industry.”
This year’s five finalists are:
- Cruisewatch - stand L40 – TB2 - a German travel tech startup backed by VC funding, Cruisewatch is revolutionising travel industry consulting around the globe with the help of AI. Its data-driven technology simplifies the consulting process, finds intelligent solutions and digitises the sales process.
- ClueCation – stand M71 - TB1 - a UK based travel tech company specialising in the gamification of self-guided travel, ClueCation creates experiences that help travellers explore destinations in a truly immersive way, connecting them with the cultures, people and places they visit.
- Octopus Travel Matrix – stand M70 – TB4 – exists to help tour operators grow without increasing headcount, overheads or stress. Its powerful automation tools help streamline tour operators and to up-sell services to clients to increase margin on their tours. This means the tour operator gets regularly updated software, which is always evolving to meet the ever-changing demands of the travel sector.
- Travel Ledger – stand M70 – TB3 – an electronic invoice and remittance system which is connected to UK and European banking for easy and secure payments between travel buyers and suppliers. Travel Ledger will replace the current billing, reconciliation and settlement process to make it fast, easy and inexpensive to transact non-airline provided travel services.
- TripMatrix – stand M70-TB6 - commission-based all-in-one travel agency software for selling and managing travel products and services. Travel agencies, tour operators and DMCs of all sizes use TripMatrix to manage their day-to-day business. Built in the Cloud with intuitive design, and available across all devices, makes TripMatrix software easy to use, easy to learn, and easy to teach.
TravelTech Show returns in-person on 29-30 June to brand new home ExCeL London bringing together hundreds of senior travel and tourism technology specialists and over 50 exhibitors for high-level, in-person networking and a premium conference agenda. Registration is open now with free tickets available to qualified travel technology decision-makers from the retail/corporate travel, tourism and hospitality sectors. This year, the event is co-located with Business Travel Show Europe and The Meetings Show.